Roque Santa Cruz has said that he is thinking about signing for Botafogo which is a Brazilian club.
Cruz is currently a contracted player of Manchester City, but, he is playing for Malaga on loan. At the end of this season, Cruz’s contract with City will expire and in his recent interviews, Cruz has already made it clear that he is not going to sign a new deal with them. It means that he will join a new club.
There have been reports in the last few days that Botafogo is interested in Cruz and the Paraguayan striker also wants to sign for them. Those reports have turned out to be completely true.
When asked about his chances of joining Botafogo, Cruz said, “I am thinking about their offer. They are a huge club and Brazil is also a fantastic venue to play football.”
“We haven’t reached any agreement yet. I will first talk to my well wishers about this opportunity and then, will decide whether I should move to Brazil.”
“It’s right that I will be close to my country if I am playing in Brazil and that’s a great thing. That might influence my decision a little bit.”
Cruz’s performance for Malaga in the ongoing season has been quite good. He has featured for the Spanish club in 27 matches and has scored 7 goals.
When asked about his experience of playing in La Liga, Cruz said, “It’s been great playing in La Liga. It’s a great league and the standard of football is very high here.”
“I think we have also done quite well as a team in this season. We are in top 5 at the moment and that’s because we have remained consistent right through the season. Hopefully, by the end of the season, we will move further up in the table.”
Roque Santa Cruz has said that he will not sign a new contract for Manchester City at the end of this season.
Cruz was signed by City in June 2009. City had bought him from Blackburn Rovers after paying a transfer fee of 17.5 million Pounds. Cruz had signed a contract of 4 years for City.
Cruz never managed to cement his place in the starting line up of City. In the first couple of seasons, he was benched in most of the matches.
Cruz has spent the last two seasons playing on loan for different clubs. In January 2011, he was placed on loan to his former club Blackburn Rovers. In the next season, he played for Real Betis on loan and currently, he is playing for Malaga CF.
Cruz’s contract with Manchester City is going to expire at the end of the ongoing season and the Paraguayan striker has made it clear that he is not going to sign a new deal with his current club.
When asked if he would like to sign a new contract for City at the end of this season, Cruz said, “No, I am not going to sign a new deal. At the end of this season, I will be out of contract and I will leave Manchester City.”
“My tenure at City was quite good. I played under two managers during my time at City and I had fine tuning with both of them.”
When asked if he thinks that he should have been given more playing opportunities at City, Cruz said, “I would have liked to play more matches, but, I won’t blame anybody for that. I got a few playing opportunities, but, I didn’t perform well in those matches. Had I performed well, I would definitely have got more playing chances.”
Malaga has defeated Real Madrid in a La Liga match played at Estadio La Rosaleda on Saturday. Malaga won the match by a close margin of 3-2. This was Real Madrid’s fourth defeat in the ongoing La Liga. However, despite this defeat, Real Madrid is still at no. 3 in the La Liga points table with 33 points. Madrid has won 10 out of the 17 matches that it has played in the league. It has lost 4, while, in the remaining three matches, it had to share points.
On the other hand, this was Malaga’s 9th victory in the competition. This victory took Malaga to no. 4 in the points table, Malaga has also played 17 matches in the league so far out of which it has won 9, lost 4 and the remaining 4 matches have finished without any result. Malaga currently has 31 points in 17 matches.
Although Malaga was playing on its home ground but, the kind of form Real Madrid had shown in the last few games, Jose Mourinho’s team was clearly the favourite to win the match. But, that wasn’t the case to be. The Malaga team stood up to the expectations of about 28,000 people who had come to cheer for the home side and stunned Real Madrid.
Earlier, the manager of Real Madrid surprised everyone by not including Iker Casillas in the starting XI. On Casillas’ place, Antonio Adan was included in the starting XI.
Roque Santa Cruz was the stand out performer for Malaga in the match. He scored a couple of goals in a space of three minutes and made sure that his team would come out victorious.
Malaga will play its next match against Deportivo La Coruna at Estadio Municipal de Riazor on Saturday.
The Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has said that he is not completely aware of the new signings made by the club in the final few days of the transfer window. Blackburn Rovers have been one of the big spending clubs in the Championship this season. Despite their relegation from the Premier league, the club has been quite active in the transfer window bringing in several players and reducing the age of the squad. The future of the manager Steve Kean has been in doubt for quite a while now, but he has refused to be drawn into the speculation of his future.
Among the major signings made by the club in the transfer window are the players like Grzegorz Sandomierski, Diogo Rosado, and Nuno Henrique. The manager has revealed that these players have been signed on the basis of the advice received from the new global advisor Shebby Singh. Shebby Singh was recently criticised for his public comments about the manager and the long-term player Morten Gamst Pedersen. However, he is thought to have played a key role in bringing these players to the club. Kean admitted that he has to take a look at them only during training.
"They're in the club now and we can have a real look at them. I've not seen them play live. Shebby Singh was very excited about them coming here and was telling me how good they were. We feel as though we can improve any player that comes to the club and also integrate them as quickly as possible. Shebby went to see Nuno Henrique play for Academica on the Friday before we played Leicester and told me he played very well," said Steve Kean in a recent interview. Blackburn have made a good start to the new season.
Roque Santa Cruz has said that he doesn’t want to stay with Manchester City any more. He said that playing for Manchester City hasn’t been a good experience for him and he wants to make a move in his career now. Roque hasn’t been given much opportunity to play for Manchester City and in the last two seasons, he played for Blackburn Rovers and Real Betis on a loan. Meanwhile, there have been reports that Manchester city also wants to release Santa Cruz this summer. According to the reports, Roberto Mancini, the manager of Manchester City, has been asked by the authorities of the club to release some payers and Santa Cruz might be the one to be released.
Roque Santa Cruz was brought to Manchester City by Mark Hughes, who was the manager of Manchester City at that time. Till Mark Hughes was the manager of Manchester City, everything was going all right for Santa Cruz and he was given regular opportunities to play. But, after the exit of Mark Hughes from the club, Santa Cruz had to struggle to find a place in the team. After the appointment of Roberto mancini as manager, Santa Cruz had been sidelined. Mark Hughes is the manager of Queens Park Rangers at the moment. There have been reports that Mark Hughes is interested in signing Santa Cruz again.
On being asked about Mark Hughes, Santa Cruz said that Mark is a wonderful manager and a very open hearted person. As per Santa Cruz, he has worked with Mark Hughes before and he has learnt quite a lot of things from him. He respects mark Hughes a lot. But, at the same time, he said that there has not been any conversation between him and Mark Hughes about the new contract.
QPR manager Mark Hughes is reportedly looking at the possibility of bringing in three Manchester City players before the end of the summer transfer window. QPR are expected to be one of the most active clubs in the transfer window due to the fact that they are extremely ambitious.
The owner Tony Fernandes said after the conclusion of the last season that he expects QPR to be challenging for a European spot in the forthcoming seasons. If they are to achieve that aim, then they need to have a number of good quality players. QPR manager Mark Hughes has already brought in a number of high profile players in the January transfer window, while more are expected to come this time around.
Despite not being successful during his two seasons with Manchester City, Mark Hughes is responsible for a number of players currently present at the club. It is thought that Manchester City will be interested in selling the likes of Roque Santa Cruz and Wayne Bridge – players who was signed by Mark Hughes during his reign. Due to the fact that Manchester city are willing to offload them just to reduce the wage bill, they are not expected to cost a lot of money. Roque Santa Cruz, Wayne bridge, and Kolo Toure where the three major signings Mark Hughes made during his era.
Even though they cost a total of £ 37 million, they are expected to cost QPR just £ 8 million this time around. The former Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz has always thrived under the stewardship of Mark Hughes, and he will be more than willing to join the former Blackburn manager at QPR. Wayne Bridge was signed from Chelsea for £ 12 million, but he has barely featured for the first team in the last two seasons.
Spanish club Real Betis are looking at the possibility of signing Wigan athletic midfielder Momo Diame in the summer transfer window. Momo Diame has been an important player for Wigan ever since arriving at the club a few seasons ago.
He recently scored a stunning goal against Chelsea in the 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge. However, due to the fact that he will be available on a free transfer at the end of this month makes him extremely attractive to the European clubs. Momo Diame has become the target of Spanish club Real Betis. The club finished in the 13th position in the Spanish la Liga division.
They will be hoping for better things next time around. It is expected that challenging for a European place would be one of the ambitions for Real Betis next season. They will move a massive step closer towards their dream of qualifying for the Europa league or the Champions League with the signing like Momo Diame. The midfielder will provide a lot of pace and power in the Spanish league, which is rare. Momo Diame, though, will be concerned about the fact that he will be joining a team that finished just six points above the relegation zone.
"Let's have the opportunity to speak with him. He has been playing well in the Premier League and as far as I know both Aston Villa and Newcastle want to sign him. It is not simple. I am hoping to meet with Diame," Real Betis coach Pepe Mel said about the possibility of signing the player. As explained by Pepe Mel, signing Momo Diame will be a real coup for the club due to the fact that he is courted by the likes of Newcastle and Aston Villa, who will provide the opportunity to stay in the Premier league.
Real Betis stunned Valencia by scoring a late winner, which has put Valencia's hopes of catching Real Madrid or Barcelona in tatters. Valencia is regarded as one of the few teams that can actually challenge Real Madrid or Barcelona, but the latest defeat no means that this is going to be highly unlikely. Valencia were leading the match 1-0 and it looked extremely easy for the club. However, Rubén Castro provider of the unlikeliest of results in the final few minutes, when he scored twice to give Real Betis a stunning victory over Valencia. This is Real Betis' first win in 11 games.
José Antonio Dorado's own goal in the second half had provided Valencia with the lead that they needed to keep up with Real Madrid and Barcelona. Just when it seemed that they had done enough to win the match, Real Betis came up with the most surprising of results in the final few minutes of the match. Real Betis won the match in injury time after Rubén Castro scored two goals in a matter of 3 min to give them an unlikely to win. After the beginning of injury time, Rubén Castro scored a goal, which sparked crazy scenes amongst Real Betis' supporters, but they were in for a shock when Rubén Castro scored with the final kick of the match to give them a shock win.
“Luck is when you win a game and don’t deserve it. But I thought we were superior to a side that are third in the league. We had a lot of chances while Valencia, without having had any shots, got one opportunity and took it, although this was a victory for all the hard work we have put in,” Real Betis Pepe Mel said after the stunning victory.